The CIS Poster session (13 April at 6pm in the Lilly Gallery) provides an opportunity for CIS seniors to showcase their capstone projects to the public. The event is open to the college community. The format will be poster session for the first hour, followed by individual presentations (five minute synopsis, five minutes for Q&A) starting at 7pm.
Students structure their posters using guidelines from their advisors; many of you are using posters that you have already presented at academic conferences and other venues. Students simply needto submit their poster a week in advance (by 5pm on 6 April) to Instructional Technology and bring their poster and tack it to the board prior to the start of the event at 6pm on 13 April. CIS will cover the cost of poster printing through IT.
Instructions for submitting your poster:
1. Use PowerPoint to construct your poster. Samples posters (that you can use for a template) can be found in the folders that say “Sample Posters at
2. Finish your poster and save it on both your computer and the P drive at the following location: P:\InstructionalTechnology\PosterSession\Spring 2016\CIS
3. The “P drive” is a public directory that can be accessed on every campus computer and from your own personal computer.
Instructions for connecting to the “P Drive” (Louise/public):
- Click on the Finder icon in your dock, then the Go menu.
- Select Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field, type smb://Louise/Public/InstructionalTechnology/PosterSession
- In the authentication dialog that appears, select Registered User, then enter your Davidson network username in the Username field, and your network password in the Password field. If you want to save your password for future connections, click the checkbox. Click Okay.
- You may be prompted to allow access to your keychain. If so, click Always Allow.
- From the icon on your desktop or under the Start menu, open My Computer.
Click on Map Network Drive. Depending on your version of Windows, this may be under the Tools menu.
- Choose P: as the drive letter and enter \\louise\public\InsturctionalTechnology\PosterSession as the path.
- Check Reconnect at logon.
- Click Connect using a different user name.
- Enter Davidson\yourusername as the user name, and your network password in the password box. Click OK to return to the main Map Network Drive dialog.
- Click Finish.
- After you restart your computer, the network drives will still be there, though you will have to reenter your password to access them.